Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy July 4th!

As a special departure from the primary theme of this blog, I'm going to put something on here that is not particularly unusual or "underheard." In fact, if most of you have not heard these songs, I'd be surprised.

First is, in my opinion, the most perfect rendition of the American national anthem I have heard. I have heard many versions of the anthem, and this is the one that consistently sends chills up my spine no matter how many times I hear it. It is the Star Spangled Banner as sung by LeAnn Rimes. There is no instrumentation, just her soaring voice and a boatload of echo. Still, the resonance created by the echo is an instrument in itself. Truly, this is the version I listened to over and over again after 9/11.

Second is another beautiful rendition of God Bless America by LeAnn Rimes. I think these majestic, soraing, patriotic songs are perfectly suited to her voice. Even though you've heard these before, it's worth another listen. Just spectacular.

You'll find both these songs on LeAnn's album You Light Up My Life which is available quite cheap on Amazon here.

1. LeAnn Rimes - Star Spangled Banner (1.82 MB; 128kbps MP3)
2. LeAnn Rimes - God Bless America (2.84 MB; 128kbps MP3)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.