Tuesday, April 17, 2007

What's This All About?

I enjoy a great variety of music. While most of my music listening is quite traditional (you'll find Pink Floyd, Elvis, The Beatles, Jethro Tull, Deep Purple, BB King and more in my music collection), I particularly enjoy finding music that does not get as much airplay on the radio.

A variety of things about a piece of music may pique my interest. Sometimes, it is just something I heard in my childhood that I haven't heard in ages. Sometimes it is a catchy melody from a regional band. Sometimes it is an unusual piece of history that isn't that easy to find.

I just figured there may be someone out there with an interest in listening to music that is not easy to find on U.S. radio. Some of the bands I'll feature here may be very popular in other parts of the world, but simply under appreciated in the U.S. Other names may be quite familiar to people who listen to a certain genre of music, but not to others. Still other songs may just be unusual pieces from well known names in music.

You'll also find a wide range of music featured here from pop to rock to jazz to Broadway. Hope you enjoy at least some of the selections.

There's no rhyme or reason to why I may select a piece of music except that I found it interesting for some reason I'll outline in my post. Let me know if you enjoy any of the pieces in this blog. If you do like any of the music, PLEASE buy the CD so the artist gets their well-deserved royalties.

The goal here is just to share music that I like for some reason. The goal is to give underheard artists a greater airing and help people find out-of-print recordings. If you are an artist (or their lawyer) and would like me to remove any of the music here, please let me know and I'll take it off immediately. No hard feelings and no need for threats! :)

Email me at rvblogs@gmail.com!

No comments: