Tuesday, April 24, 2007

On Popular Demand - Ananda Shankar Does Elvis

Completely unexpectedly, it looks like the links to the two Elvis songs from Ananda SHankar in my earlier post got the most response. Of course, that could be because the first place on the Internet where I posted any information about this blog was the forum on Vinyl Vulture - and that too in response to a post about this album. I'm already learning about the importance of targeting the promotion of this blog appropriately. I guess if I had the time, I could go all out and publicize the existence of this blog. But then it would be a commercial venture more than just a fun hobby.

So, by popular demand, here is a posting of the remaining two Ananda Shankar songs from the India Remembers Elvis EP. Please remember that I just got these off my EP without any cleaning or editing, so it does include some pops and crackle. I would welcome your comments on these and other recordings. Remember, you can find the Ananda Shankar catalog for purchase on Amazon here.

1. Ananda Shankar - Can't Help Falling In Love (2.74 MB; 128kbps MP3)
2. Ananda Shankar - How Would You Like To Be (2.94 MB; 128kbps MP3)

1 comment:

Asli Jat said...

Just came across your blog & it's definitely going into my favourites !

I'm also a big Elvis fan from an Indian background & these instrumentals from Ananda Shankar are so good. They have a very '70's 'Bollywood' feel to them.

btw, have you ever heard of Peter Singh ? I believe he was the world's only Sikh Elvis impersonator.