Friday, April 27, 2007

French In My Flesh!

Hopefully that morbid title will get you intrigued enough to try this band. When I was in France earlier this year, my brother recommended this band when I asked him a sample of local rock music. I listened to it in the car a couple of times and decided to go buy the CDs of this band myself. The band is an (apparently popular) French rock band called KYO. I was able to pick up a reasonably inexpensive set of two of their CDs at a Carrefour. Of course, as usual, I find I could have bought it Amazon a lot cheaper. Here's a link to the 2 CD set.

Even my 12-year old son loves this band and he often voluntarily puts this CD in the player. Catchy rock in the vein of Semisonic, The Wallflowers, and Maroon 5. Truly an indication of the importance of melody in music - none of us understand a word of what's being sung, but truly enjoy the songs. Here are a couple of selections from their CD 300 Lésions. You can find their debut album on Amazon here.

By the way, I have no idea how accurate this is, but the song title Dans Ma Chair was translated by Google Translator as "In The Flesh" Someone with a better understanding of French, please correct me if this is completely off base.

Meanwhile, enjoy "Contact" and "In The Flesh"!

1. Kyo - Contact (3.34 MB; 128 kbps MP3)
2. Kyo - Dans Ma Chair (3.09 MB; 128kbps MP3)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great songs!
Great beat & great voice!

If only i understood what they're singing...