Monday, May 14, 2007

A Fine Hero

An unexpected benefit of blogging is when it helps me discover new music that I otherwise would never have found. Recently, I was contacted by Dinesh Lalvani in Dubai about a song from his group The Fine. The music is a mixture of rock, electronica and strong vocals from fellow group member Claire Murphy.

They have a 4-song EP done that is available for purchase online. I understand they're working on a full album. You can find more information on Dinesh & Claire on their site at http://thefine.net/ which I urge you to visit. You can also head to their MySpace spot.

The first song featured here is Hero which couples a rock beat with some beautiful guitar work and Claire's clear vocals. It has a catchy melody and the combination of rock and acoustic ballad that I like so much (as you may have guessed from the selections of Triumph and Uriah Heep that were featured on this blog earlier).

If you like the song, why don't you add a comment to this post and I'm sure Dinesh and/or Claire will respond to any of your compliments or criticisms! Let them know if you want to hear more and maybe they'll send me another song for me to post here.

1. The Fine - Hero (4.69 MB; 128kbps MP3)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This band blows. Anyone with a Mac can produce uninspiring crap like this. BTW, Kylie Minogue called and asked not to try and impersonate her unless, you can really pay proper homage.

Rajiv, you need to get out more and listen to some real music.

The FINE will always stay unheard.

Rajiv said...

Any recommendations, Hugh? I welcome recommendations from readers. In fact, some good suggestions may help rouse me to return this blog from its dormancy.