Thursday, May 31, 2007

Go Watch The California Guitar Trio

One of the most mind-blowing concerts I have ever attended was by the California Guitar Trio at NEARFest several years ago. Now, I am generally not much for instrumental concerts (I enjoy some classical music shows every now and then), but this group blew me away.

The California Guitar Trio (CGT for short) consist of three spectacularly proficient, classically trained guitarists who put on a show of dexterity and skill like you have never seen before. I was mesmerized by the guitar playing abilities and their incredibly coordinated playing. I can't even imagine how long they must have practiced together to be so in tune with each other (pun intended).

These two selections here just do not do justice to the experience of seeing this group live. Check out their site at http://www.cgtrio.com/ and pick up a couple of albums. However, more importantly, check out their tour schedule at http://cgtrio.proaudiowebsites.com/cgi/calendar.paw. I promise you that you will not be disappointed. To tide you over until they visit a city near you, here are a couple of selections from their Pathways album.

You can find their complete catalog on Amazon here. The Pathways CD is available here.
1. California Guitar Trio - Classical Gas (2.68 MB; 128kbps MP3)
2. California Guitar Trio - Misirlou (1.76 MB; 128kbps MP3)

No comments: