Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Fountains of Wayne are Never Wet

The music savvy among you probably are scoffing at the idea that people haven't heard of Fountains of Wayne. After all, they're gaining in popularity and may even have gotten some fair airplay recently. Again, my 11-year-old son (who I use as the barometer of what's "current") knew who Fountains of Wayne were and gave me the title of a few of their songs.

But, this CD was sent to me by a friend of mine some time agop and I found most of the songs instantly catchy and likeable. The one song that grabbed me and stayed around in my head all day was "Hat and Feet." I challenge you to listen to this song twice and not find yourself humming it all day.

Great midwest pop. You can find all their CDs on Amazon.com here. The CD from which I got these two selections is Utopia Parkway and you can find that CD here. Enjoy!

1. Fountains of Wayne - Hat and Feet (2.78 MB; 128kbps MP3)
2. Fountains of Wayne - Red Dragon Tattoo (3.23 MB; 128kbps MP3)

3 comments:

Idaho Dad said...

Did I do send you that?

I've lost all record of the power pop CDs I made for you some years ago.

FOW's new CD is more highly accessible melodic rock. Great stuff.

Rajiv said...

Yes you did. In fact, I plan to share a lot of the good cheer you sent me with The Merrymakers, and other powerpop CDs.

Anonymous said...

i like fountains of wayne!